|Skill Affinity: Scholarship, Mercantile, Tinkering|
|1||—||Feat of Learning: 1/day, Acumen|
|2||15 CP||Feat of Learning: 2/day, Efficiency|
|3||30 CP||Feat of Learning: 3/day, Deep Knowledge|
|4||45 CP||Greater Feats of Learning, Brilliance|
|5||60 CP||Heroic Feats of Learning, True Deliberation|
|6||75 CP||Legendary Wisdom|
- Skill Affinity
- For every level in this trait, a character adds 1 to their Research, Expertise, and Tinkering Production levels.
- Feats of Learning
- By focusing their memory and understanding, a character can spend a feat of learning to…
- …gain specific insight during an Investigation.
- …activate any ritual with 1 minute of concentration (“Learned: Ritual Name”).
Rituals activated by Feats of Learning, no matter what their normal form, do not require any expenditure of resources; this feat ability allows the character to precisely visualize the process of their ritual to such a degree that it activates spontaneously.
- This ability grants a learned character an extra downtime action which may only be used for Mercantile, Scholarship, and Tinkering purposes.
- This ability grants a +1 derived ability bonus to any skill-related downtime actions taken by the character, assuming that ALL actions used involve one skill and one skill only. Efficient characters need not use all of their available actions, but the ones they do use must be for the same purpose. This ability is not usable during in-game production periods. A player must explicitly say they are using this ability in their post-event form, or else they do not get the bonus.
- Deep Knowledge
- With this ability, a learned character may immediately increase, by one level, a specialty they already have in a skill, to a maximum level of 3. Deep Knowledge need not be declared immediately; the character may choose their bonus specialty as they would a normal specialty, when applicable.
- Greater Feats of Learning
- This ability increases both the scope and the power of any feats of learning called by those who possess it; they have improved them to such an extent that they may spend one to…
- …count as two normal feats of learning when used during investigations.
- …instantly activate a single ritual (“Greater Learning: Ritual Name”).
- A character with this ability defies conventional notions of education and self-improvement. Brilliant characters may pick ONE level 7+ ability, in any skill, that they have passed up in favor of the other choice. The character then gains this ability. Brilliance, like Deep Knowledge, does not require that the character choose the ability immediately. As well, Brilliant characters do not need formal training to acquire skills which need such (advanced weapon styles and magic); they are natural learners and can pick up even exotic skills more or less automatically, as long as they meet the prerequisites.
- Heroic Feats of Learning
- This ability further increases both the scope and the power of any feats of learning called by those who possess it; they have improved them to such an extent that they may spend one to…
- …count as three normal feats of learning, when used during investigations
- …instantly activate up to two rituals (“Heroic Learning: Ritual Name 1, Ritual Name 2”)
- True Deliberation
- When undertaking tasks requiring an extensive amount of time and involving unknown complications, a character with this ability has a far greater chance of success. On any downtime action involving random chance, Deliberation will greatly increase the odds of getting a favorable result. This ability works for ANY skill, as long as it has downtime applications, as above.
- Legendary Wisdom
- This potent ability allows a character to restore their Feats of Learning after 10 minutes of standard Rest. In addition, due to their profound understanding of all aspects of life, characters with this ability may use their Learned level as the basis for all derived skill abilities, including Mastery and Prowess.
|Skill Affinity: Craft, Healing, Survival|
|1||—||Feat of Perception: 1/day, Hidden Sense|
|2||15 CP||Feat of Perception: 2/day, Vigilant|
|3||30 CP||Feat of Perception: 3/day, Multifarious|
|4||45 CP||Greater Feats of Perception, Eagle Eye|
|5||60 CP||Heroic Feats of Perception, One Shot|
|6||75 CP||Legendary Insight|
- Skill Affinity
- For every level in this trait, a character adds 1 to their Craft Production, Treatment, andExploration.
- Feats of Perception
- By focusing their intuition and awareness, a character can spend a feat of perception to…
- …reveal a Concealed person or object.
- …detect poison in food, drink, or on an item.
- …get a description of mundanely obscured monsters or characters.
- …gain general insight during an Investigation
Please see the Survival skill for a detailed breakdown of Concealment. “Mundanely obscured” simply means far away or otherwise hard to make out figures, and the feat ability will grant a perceptive character a robust description on anything in such a condition. Complete darkness, however, is impenetrable to even this ability; at least some form must be made out. Characters use the feat in this way by calling “Perceptive: what do I see?”, and the monster/npc/animal MUST give a useful response.
- Hidden Sense
- This ability causes the character to feel slightly ill at ease if there are characters around them that are hidden by Concealment or Invisibility; they may not draw attention to the location of the concealed, for they just have a “weird feeling” in the general area. In addition, characters with this ability are immune to Subdual, calling “No Effect” when hit with such.
- Characters with this ability have an nearly preternatural sense of the unknown. While part of a group about to resolve an Encounter Tag, Vigilant characters may declare, at the marshal’s discretion, a free Investigation directly involving the nature of the pending encounter. This investigation does not count towards normal investigation limits for any of its participants. As well, characters with this ability may receive spontaneous “intuitions” from marshals before a significant event occurs, both in game and during downtime, and Vigilant encounter tags are obviously only available to characters with this ability.
- A character with this ability gains a +1 bonus to each skill-based downtime action they take, though only if each action involves a completely different skill. If the character uses more than one action for the same purpose, this bonus is inapplicable. At least two distinct actions must be used in order for any to receive the bonus. This ability is not usable during in-game production periods. A player must explicitly say they are using this ability in their post-event form, or else they do not get the bonus.
- Greater Feats of Perception
- This ability increases both the scope and the power of any feats of perception called by those who possess it; they have improved them to such an extent that they may spend one to…
- …gain general insight during investigations as if they had spent two regular feats.
- …reveal a Greatly Concealed character or item.
- …ignore a Greater Subdue effect.
- …call a True Strike with any Missile weapon.
A True Strike does base damage equal to a character’s normal Power Strike damage in the weapon they are using, with 2 being the minimum. True Strikes may not be defended against with any combat maneuver, nor can they be resisted through other effects. The only way to defend against a True Strike is to actually defend against it mundanely.
- Eagle Eye
- A character with this ability may reveal concealed (but not Greatly Concealed) targets without spending a feat at all. All other rules for reveals still apply. As well, they may get a description of mundanely obscured monsters and characters without spending a feat, in the same way. Finally, Eagle-Eyed characters get a +1 damage bonus to all missile-based Power Strikes they call.
- Heroic Feats of Perception
- This ability further increases both the scope and the power of any feats of perception called by those who possess it; they have improved them to such an extent that they may spend one to…
- …gain general insight during investigations as if they had spent three regular feats.
- …reveal an Invisible character.
- …call a Mortal Blow with any Missile weapon.
- One Shot
- A character with this ability may call all of their missile-based Power Strikes (from Bows, Crossbows, Sling Shots, and Railcasters) as True Strikes, at no additional Prowess cost.
- Legendary Insight
- This ability allows a character to restore their Feats of Perception after 10 minutes of standard rest. In addition, they become completely immune to the Blindness and Caged conditions and they reduce the effect/damage level of all traps they set off to 1, where applicable. Finally, those with Legendary Insight gain Medium as per the first level Empathic ability and Uncanny as per the first level Attuned ability.
|Mastery = Trait Level + Highest Spell School|
|1||—||Feat of Will: 1/day, Focused|
|2||15 CP||Feat of Will: 2/day, Stoic|
|3||30 CP||Feat of Will: 3/day, Grim|
|4||45 CP||Greater Feats of Will, Ascetic Discipline|
|5||60 CP||Heroic Feats of Will, Mind Fortress|
|6||75 CP||Legendary Resolve|
- A character’s base Mastery is equal to their level in this trait, plus the level of their highest spell school.
- Feats of Will
- By using pure concentration, a character can spend a feat of will to…
- …resist a Mental effect.
- …resist a Blindness or Stillness effect.
- Characters with this ability reduce the time they must suffer through Blindness and Stillness to 30 minutes.
- Characters with this ability are able to remain conscious while Critical; they may not move from where they lay, but they can communicate in a normal tone of voice and observe everything around them. No physical actions can be taken in this state.
- This ability simply adds 1 to the character’s maximum Vitality, through sheer force of will. As well, Grim characters, if dead, will have their soul remain with their body for 10 minutes, instead of 5.
- Greater Feats of Will
- This ability increases both the scope and the power of any feats of will called by those who possess it; they have improved them to such an extent that they may spend one to…
- …”force” a spell, casting it at +3 Mastery.
- …immediately recover from a Hallucination or Intoxication effect
- …resist a Paralysis or Caged effect
Forcing a spell is called as “Greater Will: (spell verbal),” and may only be used on castings which incorporate Mastery in some fashion.
- Ascetic Discipline
- Characters with this ability have gained such a focused contemplativeness that they may quietly meditate for 10 minutes in order to activate ANY ritual they know, instead of taking the normal steps. This counts just as if the ritual was completed naturally, and they gain the charge as such. Even rituals which require physical components may be activated in this way, with no restriction. As well, Ascetics have near perfect control over the vocal components of spells; any verbal that they “flub” does not deplete a use or charge, where applicable.
- Heroic Feats of Will
- This ability further increases both the scope and the power of any feats of will called by those who possess it; they have improved them to such an extent that they may spend one to…
- …increase healing rate after being stabilized (called as a basic Feat of Toughness)
- …break free of Bind, Shackle, and Slow effects (called as a basic Feat of Strength)
- …resist any single magical effect. (called as a basic Feat of Attunement)
- …force others to listen for 1 minute. (called as a basic Feat of Charisma)
- Mind Fortress
- A character with this ability is practically invulnerable to outside influence, becoming entirely immune to all Mental effects, Blindness, Stillness, and Will Drain. The character must call “No Effect” when targeted by such. A character with this ability, as well, can never be compelled to tell the truth, nor have their emotions revealed, even with magical effects.
- Legendary Resolve
- This potent ability allows a character to restore their Feats of Will after 10 minutes of standard Rest. In addition, characters with this ability may cast each spell they know, once per day, without spending a charge of any kind. Finally, the souls of those with Legendary Resolve will remain with their body for up to 1 hour after death, instead of 10 minutes, and they automatically manifest a Boon effect if they pass on after this time.